Thursday, February 7, 2008

Messy Face!

Kamryn loves when we eat spaghetti because she has so much fun playing in it! She is getting to that stage where she wants to do everything and so she would much rather feed herself. I decided to strip her down to her diaper because I didn't want to attempt getting tomato stains from her clothes.
Tuesday she went to the doctor for her 1 year checkup and immunizations. She couldn't get her shots any sooner because she developed RSV (a respiratory infection) right after her birthday. She weighed 21 pounds 3 ounces and measured 30 1/4 inches long! Many have joked that she will be taller than me soon, but I am really starting to fear that they may be right! Ha-ha
Dr. Pandya watched her walk and said that she was really healthy and was developing great! In fact, he said that she is talking really well for her age. (She must get the talking from me....) Unfortunately, she had to get 7 shots and had to have her blood drawn for some routine tests. She screamed and cried for what seemed like forever! I felt terrible and wanted to cry myself because I hated seeing her in pain. I guess the 5 minutes of pain is better than developing one of those horrible diseases, right? The bad part about the shots is that she always runs a fever for a couple of days afterward and this time she has developed a swollen red knot about the size of a golf ball on her leg where the shots were given. The doctor said it was just a side effect and that it will go away, but it sure looks bad! Needless to say, it is not slowing her down one bit and she seems to feel fine!

No comments: